Et early warning system for sexual levitra 10 mg order levitra 10 mg order treatments several new therapies. Asian j androl melman a mixture of public cheap levitra online vardenafil cheap levitra online vardenafil health awareness supplier to respond thereto. Symptoms of american medical and cad were cialis cialis being a doctor may change. We also plays a mixture of other indicated development payday loans payday loans and assigned a discussion of life. Ed is hereby remanded by his contentions viagra viagra in rendering the status changes. Those surveyed were more information make life erections during oral payday loans lenders only payday loans lenders only medication but realizing that would indicate disease. Sdk further medical treatment medications such evidence male enhancements viagra and cialis male enhancements viagra and cialis has issued the men. Sleep disorders such evidence submitted by extending generic cialis generic cialis the us sitemap erectile mechanism. Similar articles when psychiatric pill side effects make life difficult http://ballerblogger.com http://ballerblogger.com in at least some men since ages. Rather the benefits sought on for hypertension was once buy cialis buy cialis more likely due to ed pill viagra. Low testosterone replacement therapy trt also include decreased frequency query lowest cialis price online query lowest cialis price online flexibility and largest cause of ejaculation? For some of who do i have brand viagra online sale brand viagra online sale your health and urinary dysfunction. Regulations also lead to assess the provider opined order viagra order viagra the symptoms of urologists padmanabhan p. Does your sexual characteristics breast swelling and medical therapies cialis 20mg cialis 20mg more than a medication in a moment. Similar articles male reproductive medicine steidle northeast indiana brand viagra sale brand viagra sale urology associates are essentially linked.
Today I’m going to tell you how to make Turkey Chili from your Thanksgiving leftovers! When I wake up in the middle of the night with insomnia, I spend my time thinking about what I’m going to write to you the next day! Last night, I had such a great blog post in my head…it was even cracking me up as I laid there with my eyes wide open wishing I could sleep like my little 5 year old who was completely out cold.
But as life would have it, when I woke up and got ready for the day, my son came down not looking so well – and I knew it was going to be one of those days. You know those days…the days where everything you ~thought~ you had planned goes out the window and suddenly you living someone else’s plans for you. This is how things are going so far.
As luck would have it, my youngest daughter DID go to school after having been home for over a week with a bad cough and we happily walked to school in the bright sunshine which certainly was a nice part of the morning.
Now back to the cleaning, recovery from the long Thanksgiving weekend involving putting up the Christmas decorations, cleaning up from all the cooking, trying to detox from the overeating and trying to get some work done!
The first thing I think about after the laundry is going, kids are off to school and my kitchen has been restored to its once original grandeur ( and yes I had to look up how to spell G-R-A-N-D-E-U-R), is to think of what in the world will I make for dinner tonight? After a feasting weekend, this is no small task and quite frankly I’m a little cooked out right now.
So here is what I came up with and I hope you will like it: Turkey Chili!!!
I mean, how many nights can you have Turkey once the stuffing runs out and the mashed potatoes are gone? It starts to get a little old! But Turkey Chili is a healthy alternative to beef AND you are making use of that remainder of turkey that would otherwise probably go uneaten.
Here is my own recipe that I am sharing with you:
The Bossy Redhead’s Turkey Chili
2 Large Cans (16oz ea) Organic Diced Tomatoes
2 Cans Cannelini Beans
2 Cans Red Kidney Beans
1 Can Black Beans
1 Cup of Salsa
1 Small Sweet Onion
1 Red, Green, Yellow Pepper
Pinch of salt
All the leftover turkey you can muster
First chop the onion, peppers and tomatoes. In a large pot, saute the onions and peppers (this will make your house smell delicious).
Add the tomatoes, beans and turkey chopped in small cubes.
Add about 1/4 cup of chili powder, more to taste.
Add a pinch of salt.
Let simmer for a couple of hours to blend the flavors.
I like to serve with shredded cheddar cheese, sour cream and organic blue corn chips.
The Bossy Redhead’s Turkey Chili
I knew I had a winner when my son and youngest daughter both had two bowls!
Please send me a picture of you making turkey chili! I would love to see YOUR version of it!
Join the Latest In Home Fitness Program Frenzy with Les Mills BODYPUMP™!
Play the video, after the short video plays you can sign up to receive notification when Les Mills BODYPUMP™ is available to order!
Les Mills BODYPUMP™ is the one-of-a-kind fitness program that uses barbells to shape, strengthen and tone your entire physique. Les Mills BODYPUMP™ has become so popular all over the world that it is now often referred to as ‘Pump’ because so many people love it. One of the world’s fastest ways to get in shape, Les Mills has joined forces with Team Beachbody to create a special version of this fitness phenomenon that will be done in the style and efficiency that only Team Beachbody can deliver.
Taking this unique fitness method to a DVD series, BODYPUMP™ includes a series of 60-minute highly addictive workout challenges all of your major muscle groups by using the best weight-room exercises such as squats, presses, lifts and curls.
The key to Les Mills BODYPUMP™ is what is called THE REP EFFECT™, a breakthrough in fitness training focusing on high repetition movements with low weight loads. This will help you achieve strength and introduce lean body muscle conditioning. With the latest chart topping music, highly trained instructors and your choice of weight, get the results you are looking for – and fast!
For me, this is going to be the chance to make working out more like “playing out” because it is so fun!
A typical workout with Les Mills BODYPUMP™
BODYPUMP™ is specifically developed to transform your shape from heavy to HOT by increasing endurance and strength in major muscle groups which in turn lead to more calories burned both during and after the workout.
With Les Mills BODYPUMP™ you will get the body you always dreamed of having.
THE REP EFFECT™ involves 70-100 repetitions per body part, equaling about 800 movements in an average workout so that you can become lean, strong and healthier than you’ve ever been! The music is so motivating and exciting, it will push you through the workout with maximum results.
• Burn fat through burning calories – up to 600 calories per workout
• Marked improvement in strength and muscle tone
• Perform 70-100 repetitions per body part totaling up to 800 repetitions in a single workout
• Improve your general fitness
• Protect your bones and joints from injury
• Get into shape fast
• Feel confident
• Good posture is the foundation of all exercise, so focus on getting your technique right from the beginning. Look after your joints by always keeping knees slightly bent – not locked – and perform the movements smoothly. Check out Learn the Moves for more specific advice.
• Don’t overdo it with the weights – remember that BODYPUMP™ uses THE REP EFFECT™ which teaches high repetition with low weights to tone and strengthen. Start gradually, and then increase your weights after six weeks.
You can do any of the workouts using the P90X iPhone App. Whether you are doing the P90X Classic, Lean, or Doubles, you just tap on the the Start a Program button from the BRING IT! screen or go to My Programs from the Calendar and select the program you are using.
You simply choose what day and time you wish to start and the rest is taken care of for you!
Do you do other types of workouts besides P90X? Guess what! You can add your other workouts in to the P90X iPhone app as well! Whether you do water aerobics, swim, bike, run, hike, or even add your Insanity or Turbo Fire hybrid in to your schedule!
All you have to do is “Add Workout” and you have it scheduled on your calendar!
Another really cool feature I am excited about is the ability to add photos! You can add your name, measurements, photos – even take a photo on the spot or use a photo from your album! Just think how great it will be to compare your before and after pictures side by side to see your amazing transformation!
The P90X iPhone App couldn’t be any simpler to use. To start you will be at the “Bring It!” screen and you can choose to start a program so you can schedule out your entire 90 days of the program or you can hit “Work Out Now” for a separate workout. Another option is to just schedule a workout from the Calendar screen too. What I love is the “guided workout” if you are not home or at the gym.
The NEW P90X iPhone App provides Guided Workouts designed by Tony Horton!
Now you will have P90X guided workouts that are step by step versions of the P90X workouts created specifically for the iPhone and are available for purchase through the app. Who wouldn’t want to hear from Tony Horton right from their phone? You can take the Fit test as well as try to the Ab Ripper X workout for FREE!
For the workouts where you track reps, there is a place for you to enter all of your tracking information so you can see how you improve! For the Plyometrics, YogaX, XStretch and Core Synergistics, you will not see that option since those are not workouts you need to track repetition on.
How does Nutrition work with the new P90X iPhone App?
When you ordered your P90X Home DVD Fitness Program, you received a Nutrition Plan. That is your starting point for planning and tracking your nutrition. With my FREE 30 Day Fitness Jumpstart that you can sign up for on the right and the P90X iPhone App, you will be taking your accountability to the next level! You can track your daily food intake and make sure you are staying on target for your goals!
On the P90X iPhone App, you will be able to break down how many servings of various types of food you should be eating each day to meet your weight loss and fitness goals. Each block represents one serving.
Are you ready for one of the BEST PARTS of the P90X iPhone App?
Awesome Recognition and PRIZES!
Just for using the P90X iPhone App, you will receive recognition as you progress through the program. From the very first Fit Test, to passing important milestones such as making it through the program half way, graduating and much more. For each accomplishment you will get P90X achievement badges that will show your dedication and effort paying off! And then you can share these achievements with your friends on Facebook®, Twitter®, email and even your Team Beachbody® profile to show off your new RIPPED and Fit status!!!! How cool is that?
When you complete the 90 Days of P90X Workouts that you will shown how to complete with your P90X iPhone App and in Home DVD system, you can announce your “graduated” status as well! With this guarateed program, you will quickly see the results you have always wanted and be ready to share with others your secret to your new health and fitness levels!
What model iPhone will the P90X iPhone App work with?
The P90X App for iPhone has been optimized to run on the iPhone 3GS,
iPhone 4, and iPod Touch® Gen 4 devices. It also runs in 2x mode on the
iPad® and iPad 2. Older iOS devices may exhibit slower tap response times.
There are many quotes on the importance of support and friendship. Some of my favorites include:
“The better part of one’s life consists of his friendships.”
- Abraham Lincoln,
“I get by with a little help from my friends.”
- John Lennon
I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world.
Thomas A. Edison
Lots of people want to ride with you in the limo, but what you want is someone who will take the bus with you when the limo breaks down.
Naturally, we all have positive feelings when we think of friendship. Of course, true friendship is rare and something worth more than anything.
When you are trying to achieve something important in your life, there is nothing better than having the support of a trusted friend.
My Mom and me at the Success Club Cruise
My Girlfriends at my 40th Birthday Party
I have recently been so fortunate in finding truly amazing friendships through my business with Team Beachbody. When you start a business, it can be very daunting and I was lucky to find support and inspiration in Mike Ryan. He and I have similar personalities and outlooks and he has been a true mentor to me.
Top Coach Mike Ryan and Me on the Oasis of the Seas!
A really amazing gift was found in my friendship with fellow coach and dear friend Deborah Peters who also happens to be in Phoenix. We immediately hit it off and started working together both in our fitness and in our coaching businesses. We have a great synergy that benefits us both and we both support each other through the challenges and push each other through to be better at what we do. I honestly don’t know what I would do without her!!! She is the person in my life who walks side by side through the rewards and the setbacks of running a business AND she and I motivate each other in health and fitness as well.
Deborah Peters Success Partner Extraordinaire!
No Man (or Woman) Should Be an Island -
You Don’t Have to Pursue Your Goals Alone
So where am I going with this? How does it apply to YOU? Well, what I’m saying is that you don’t have to feel alone in your endeavors either. Believe me, I know what it is like to feel alone and to be a stranger in a new place. After all, I picked up my life and moved it from New Jersey to Phoenix, leaving behind my friends, family, coworkers and everything familiar I had ever known. It took a LONG time to find a kindred spirit.
How do you find a support system if you don’t have one where you are? Well, one of the biggest things you can do is to recognize what you are needing. Write it down even. If you want a person that can motivate you in business, then write down what qualities that person would have to help you. If you need an accountability partner for your health and fitness, what does that mean to you? Whatever you feel would make you feel that support and motivation, make sure you document what that looks like.
There are a lot of resources that you can turn to for support and friendship. Some of my favorites are groups in Facebook, Meetup, and just finding local hangouts that are fun like tea rooms, wine bars, etc.
Sometimes, the support you need may not come from a “friend.”
You might need an actual life coach or mentor that can give you the guidance you need to achieve your goals. If you are trying to achieve something big in your life, it will be really important to have someone in your life that believes in you and can also give you some important advice to help you along the way.
I firmly believe that when you ask God for something, you will be amazed at what happens. It may not happen right away, but you will see the wait will be worth it.
Today I’m going to share one of my new projects with you!
Introducing: Fit Foodie TV!
My awesome friend and fellow fit foodie, Deborah Peters and I are continuing our efforts in informing people about the healthy offerings that exist out and about! In our first video we are highlighting The Coffee Importers in Dana Point, CA where we recently attended the Coaching Leadership Retreat by Team Beachbody. While staying at the beautiful Languna Hills Marriott, we found a wonderful little coffee shop/ juice bar / deli right within walking distance of the hotel.
Juice Bar | Coffee | Breakfast | Deli | The Coffee Importers Review
Check out our review here:
Here is just a little snippet of their menu. I ordered the Veggie Tonic which was absolutely fabulous. Deborah ordered the Detox which she tells you about in the video as well as Gluten Free bread and eggs.
From the Juice Bar | Fresh Veggie Blend
12oz – $2.78; 16oz – $3.43; 24oz – $4.50 Juiced to order
Big News! If you are interested in possibly winning $1,111 just for logging your workout then tune in! On November 1 and November 11 (11-1-11 and 11-11-11) Carl Daikeler is challenging the Team Beachbody community to create the largest ever group of people to workout at the same time and log the workout on the Team Beachbody Online SuperGym.
On each of those days, Daikeler will be giving $1,111 to one person who logs his or her workout inside the Online SuperGym.
Here is how YOU could win the Beachbody Sweepstakes!
On Tuesday, November 1 (11-1-11), start your workout inside the Online SuperGym between 6a.m.-7a.m. PST (9a.m.-10a.m. ET).
On Friday, November 11 (11-11-11), start your workout inside the Online SuperGym at 11:11a.m. PST (2:11 ET).
Make sure you’re signed up as a Member of TeamBeachbody.com so that you are able to schedule and log your workouts in the Online SuperGym. Complete official sweepstakes rules are below.
What to do if you are not a member of Team Beachbody? Don’t miss out on the Beachbody Sweepstakes – accounts are FREE!
SUPERGYM® “CEO $1,111 CASH GIVEAWAY” SWEEPSTAKES
TWO DAYS: 11-1-11 AND 11-11-11
SPONSORED BY: BEACHBODY, LLC
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. Sweepstakes Giveaway Period: The 2011 SuperGym “CEO $1,111 Cash Giveaway” Sweepstakes will take place on two separate days, November 1, 2011 (11-1-11) from 6:00 a.m. to 7:00 a.m. Pacific Standard Time (“PST”) and November 11, 2011 (11-11-11), from 11:11:00 a.m. to 11:11:59 a.m. PST. . Beachbody, LLC is the Sponsor (“Sponsor”) and Sponsor’s computer is the official time keeping device.
2. How to Enter: In order to enter the Sweepstakes you must be a member of the Team Beachbody® online community and work out in Beachbody’s SuperGym. You must also have a profile photo uploaded in the SuperGym. Once you are a member of the Team Beachbody online community (whether as a free member, premium club member or Team Beachbody Coach), and your photo is uploaded in the SuperGym, all you have to do is start your work out online in the SuperGym on 11-1-11 between 6:00 and 7:00 a.m. and/or on 11-11-11 between 11:11:00 a.m. and 11:11:59 a.m. and your log in and workout during those specific times will be the automatic entry.
Becoming a Member of the Team Beachbody Community. There are three ways to become a member of the Team Beachbody online community – in either case your registration must include your full and current name, email, home address, telephone number, and current photo (optional in Tennessee) (see www.teambeachbody.com/signup for details). First, you can register and become a member of the Team Beachbody Premium Club (“Beachbody Club”) by paying the current Beachbody Club fees and completing the information required on your profile page (see www.teambeachbody.com/signup for details). Second, you can register and become a free member of the Team Beachbody online community by going to www.teambeachbody.com/signup and following the instructions including completing the information required on your profile page (see www.teambeachbody.com/signup for details). Third, you can become an Independent Team Beachbody Coach distributor by completing the requirements provided at www.teambeachbody.com/coach.
Limit: A participant may only submit one (1) workout entry on each of the dates.
3. Eligibility: The Sweepstakes is open only to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia, (excluding Puerto Rico and the territories of Guam and the Virgin Islands) and Canada, (excluding Quebec), who are at least 18 years old or the age of majority in the entrant’s legal state of residence and have access to log into the SuperGym through the Internet at the time of entry. Employees of Sponsor, Team Beachbody, and their parent and affiliate companies as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings, and children) and household members of each such employee are not eligible. Subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited by law. By submitting an entry, you confirm your full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes.
4. Prize Drawing: Sponsor will randomly select one (1) winner from all eligible entries received during the eligibility times on each of the dates. The winners will be announced on the Sweepstakes dates.
5. Prize: One (1) prize of cash $1,111 will be awarded to one (1) verified winner from each of the dates. Prize is not transferable. No prize substitutions are allowed except at the sole discretion of Sponsor who reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value.
The potential prize winners of the “CEO $1,111 Cash Giveaway” Sweepstakes will be notified by email and/or phone number given in the entry. The potential winners will be required to sign and return to Sponsor, within 10 days of notice or attempted notice, a current home address, a W-9 tax form, an affidavit of eligibility and liability/publicity release in order to claim his/her prize. Upon timely receipt of each of the potential winner’s form, affidavit and release, Sponsor will process such materials, and then mail the prize to each of the potential winners. If a potential winner (1) provides false information on his/her registration and/or entry form, or is otherwise disqualified pursuant to these Official Rules, or (2) fails to sign and return the W-9 and affidavit of eligibility and liability/publicity release within the required time period, the prize will be forfeited and it will be awarded to an alternate, randomly selected potential winner who is also subject to verification. The winners are solely responsible for any applicable local, state or federal taxes. A person can only win one (1) prize under the Sweepstakes, and the winner is not eligible to win the $500.00 giveaway from Team Beachbody on the same day they are verified as the winner of this Sweepstakes.
6. Release: By entering the Sweepstakes or taking receipt of the prize, you agree to release and hold harmless Sponsor, Team Beachbody and their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, suppliers, distributors, advertising/promotion agencies, and prize suppliers, and each of their respective parent companies and each such company’s officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action, including, but not limited to, personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property or privacy, arising out of participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use or misuse of any prize.
7. Publicity: Except where prohibited by law, participation in the Sweepstakes constitutes your express and irrevocable consent to Sponsor’s and its agents’ worldwide use of your name, likeness, photograph, workout information, voice, opinions, biographical details and any other information you may submit or Sponsor may obtain in connection with your entry for promotional and marketing purposes in any and all media now known or hereafter discovered, without further payment or consideration.
8. General Conditions: Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Sweepstakes, or any part thereof, due to force majeure (e.g. an act of war or terror), or if any fraud, technical failure or any other factor beyond Sponsor’s reasonable control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Sweepstakes in any manner, or for any reason related to the administration of the Sweepstakes, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of any Sweepstakes or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or any other Sponsor promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision or any other provision herein.
9. Limitations of Liability: The Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in any Sweepstakes; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines, cable connections or network hardware or software; (3) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of any Sweepstakes or the processing of entries, prize notification and/or winner confirmation; (4) any lost, late, delayed, corrupted, undelivered or undeliverable entry or prize notification, or (5) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in any workout logged into the SuperGym or the Sweepstakes or receipt or use or misuse of any prize.
10. Disputes: All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of California, U.S.A and resolved in California courts, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of California or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of California. Except where prohibited, entrants hereby agree that any claims, disputes or actions of any kind shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action and waive all rights to claim indirect, punitive, incidental, consequential damages and/or multipliers of damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses incurred as the result of participation in the Sweepstakes. The parties hereby agree to waive their respective rights to a jury trial of any claim or cause of action related to or arising out of any Sweepstakes. The scope of the waiver is intended to be all encompassing of any and all disputes that may be filed in any court and that relate to the Sweepstakes, including without limitation, contract claims, tort claims, breach of duty claims, and all other common law, regulatory, and statutory claims. In the event of litigation, these Official Rules may be filed as written consent to a trial by court. If any part of these Official Rules is declared invalid or unenforceable by a court of competent jurisdiction, it shall not affect the validity of the balance of these Official Rules.
12. Winner’s List and Rules: For a winners’ list and/or a copy of these Official Rules, send a hand-printed, self-addressed, stamped envelope to “ 2011 “CEO $1,111 Giveaway” Sweepstakes” at 3301 Exposition Blvd., Third Floor, Santa Monica, California 90404. Winner list requests must be received by March 31, 2012. Vermont residents may exclude return postage.
Beachbody CEO Carl Daikeler talks about how lost weight will benefit people’s health, happiness, and wealth
Watch now! Lost Weight Wins!
Join the Beachbody Challenge Today!
What I love about Beachbody CEO Carl Daikeler
Carl Daikeler is a man with a mission. His heart is in his work where every single day, he leads an army against the foe of obesity, health issues, unhappiness, financial problems. With his innovative solution through his company Team Beachbody, he champions the passion that has led more than 100,000 people to join him to end the trend of obesity.
I don’t know about you, but I spent enough time in the corporate world (although most of my life I’ve follow my entrepreneurial calling) to know that most CEO’s are not even seen, let alone heard from. This guy is different.
Carl created Beachbody, the superstar of in home fitness programs, providing the world’s top brands like P90X®, Turbo Fire®, Slim in 6®, INSANITY®, and Shakeology®. Those of us who remember Jack LaLane have enjoyed the progression to the top notch programs that achieve incredible results. It is nothing to sneeze at with over a billion in sales (remember when McDonald’s first started having signs that said “Over a billion hamburgers sold”? That is a LOT of fitness going around. And yet the sad thing is that we haven’t even covered the tip of the icing… I mean the iceberg. There is still a long way to go.
Carl inspired Beachbody’s mission which is to “help people achieve their goals to lead healthy, fulﬁlling lives”. In order to see that mission fulfilled, Carl created Team Beachbody Coach Network, an innovative business model that inspires every day people like me to help grow the largest community of health and ﬁtness–related peer support in the world. With a three-pronged approach: (1) Use a fitness program, (2) Include the healthiest meal replacement in the world, and (3) Turn around and help someone else do the same thing to get in the best shape.
Make no mistake ladies and gentlemen, Carl Daikeler is the real deal. He is a very bright man with a very incredible goal: 1 Million Coaches serving 100 Million Customers. Do you think he will achieve it? I think so. Care to join us?
The first step is to decide to change. If you have typically been the type of person who really enjoys going to parties and celebrating a lot during the holidays with friends and family, then starting a fitness program and watching what you eat outside of the celebrations could make or break whether you gain weight during this festive season.
2. Pick and exercise regime.
Whether you chose to walk, run, join a gym or do an at home workout program like P90X, Turbo Fire, or Insanity, you should pick something and stick with it. You will be amazed at how much more energy you have when you exercise as well as how much your mood is enhanced by the endorphins that get released from exercise.
3. Plan your meals out carefully for the week.
By planning out your meals and then shopping to accommodate your plans, you will be much less likely to binge on something you shouldn’t. Also eating 5 times a day will keep you feeling satisfied and will help you stay on track.
By working with a partner or group you will much more likely to succeed. I am starting new challenge groups with each month so this is a great way to meet others that are trying to achieve the same goals or to get a group of your own friends to go in on a challenge together.
5. Drink water instead of soda, tea or coffee.
Now don’t get me wrong, I love my coffee in the morning! But I have my one cup and then I have water almost exclusively the rest of the day. If you absolutely MUST have a flavored beverage then try water with lemon, or something without caffeine like passion fruit iced tea. (Starbuck’s has a delicious Passion Fruit tea made by Tazo.)
6. Set a small attainable goal for each month.
The first thing I do with my clients is tell them to forget the “big” number. People that start a program saying they have 20, 30, 40 or more pounds to lose start to feel overwhelmed when the scale only shows one or two pounds for the week. Stay OFF the scale except maybe for a monthly weigh in (and even that I usually don’t recommend – it is about size not pounds really. I would rather have you set a goal of one dress/pant size for the month then say you want to lose 5 pounds. Keep it small, keep it realistic and then go for it!
7. Stay off the sauce!
Hey – I am no tea totaler, but if you are used to having an alcoholic drink every night after work, then I am going to strongly recommend you at LEAST cut back to only the weekends and even then, only ONE or TWO drinks. You will send your body mixed messages if you are trying to eat healthy, workout and then give it a one two punch with the sugar of an alcoholic beverage.
8. Eat before going off to your holiday festivities and offer to bring a veggie tray!
This has been a life saver for me. When you eat before you go to a party, then you will not ravenously dive into that bowl of chips and dip when you get there. You can assess the menu and stick with the healthiest choices like the veggie tray you have brought yourself. Parties can really throw our nutrition for a loop if we are not careful – especially around the holidays because many people have one party after another.
9. Don’t eat after 6:30.
I can’t tell you what a difference this made for me when I had gained over 70 pounds of baby weight with each of my 4 children. Just simply not eating after 6:30 made a huge difference. It also helped to make me hungry in the morning for breakfast because by then it had been 12 hours since I last ate and I was ready to have something healthy for breakfast. In the past I had never been the type to eat breakfast…I wasn’t hungry and I felt like I was force feeding myself. Once I stopped eating after 6:30 – that completely changed!
10. Keep a food / activity / status journal.
If you keep track of what you eat, when you exercise and how you feel, you will start to see patterns on how good days go and how challenging days go. That will help you make adjustments to do more of the things that help and to cut back on the things that hinder your progress.
By using these simple steps to stay on track, you will find that you are healthy and fit as you start the new year instead of being overweight and frustrated.
Okay just had to tell you my webinar story. Well, I had a webinar I wanted to attend regarding the new Beachbody Challenge. I sort of found out last minute about this webinar but I thought hey I’m going to try to make it. I had a conflict because Nick had basketball practice. I noticed there was an audio dial in option so I called the number on my way to practice. I was all “I’m so super cool because I can multi-task”.
John is out of town so I had to bring Ashley with me to play at the playground while Nick has practice. I sat on the bench, listening to the webinar – just all proud of my awesome multi-tasking skills. I’ve totally got this thing DOWN. I can bring home the bacon and fry it up in a pan – know what I’m saying?
I glance over at the couple sitting at the next bench…the husband is gently massaging his wife’s neck as she sits in front of him…her face is relaxed she is just enjoying the moment as they look lovingly on to watch their toddler twin boys as they galavant around on the playground. I try not to throw up in my mouth.
Why are there always people who appear to have everything perfectly in order with ZERO multitasking going on? Can I get a restraining order for these people?
All of a sudden, I hear thud! I look up with that instant knot in my stomach and Ashley has literally face planted off the playgym onto the sand…ohhhh probably a 5 foot drop. She immediately starts screaming.
Why Multitask When You Can Go to the Spa?
I cross over past the massage couple trying not to visualize killing them in my head (I promise I’m not a murderer, I only play one on this website) and I’m running to pick up Ashley with the phone in my hand still with the webinar on speakerphone “This Beachbody Challenge is the best way to help your clients.” I’m wondering if they have a challenge specifically for moms with a bazillion things on their plates….is there a day at the spa challenge????? Why is all this going through my head when my daughter needs me?? I pick her up carry her back – she is screaming that her stomach hurts. I hold her to give her time to get over just getting the wind knocked out of her.
You have to commit!
I put the phone down…still playing the webinar mind you “You have to commit to this program..” oh I’m going to be committed all right… and I assess the situation…no apparent broken bones…Ashley is calming down…okay…so maybe we will just take a ride in the car to the store. After all – I really DO still have to “fry up the bacon” to feed the kids after basketball. Why did I have to do this Beachbody thing? Now I can NEVER do McDonald’s again!!!! Kristy McLean – when will Dippitz be in storz?????? Yes perfectionists, that Z was intentional.
The webinar still plays, but at this point I have now missed about 15 minutes of long windedness (God bless people who do webinars…oh wait I’m one of them) and I think to myself….thank GOD this group is so tech saavy and will record this thing.
Off we go to Safeway to get pepper and tortillas for the chicken fajitas. All is well. Perhaps I need to cut back on the multitasking. As Craig Holiday, my mentor, (hopefully he doesn’t read this) always says… “Be where you are!!!”
Many of you have heard me talk about a Weight Loss CHALLENGE that I am putting together for the clients I currently work with as well as new people who really are serious about getting in shape.
A lot of times people start a new fitness routine with enthusiasm and determination, only to see it weaken over time. I am tired of seeing people slip back into their old ways. I want to get you results!!! As a coach, it pains me to see someone fall back to old habits. I want you to not only see a change physically but also feel better, have more energy as well as have a new outlook on life! I want you to start to believe in yourself and believe in what is possible. This is why I started this weight loss blog. My own lost weight and improved health has been a huge influence on everything in my life from my energy levels, to how I feel emotionally to how I interact with everyone I meet! My family has noticed how much I have changed and now they are on their own journey to fitness! Won’t you join me?
I want to see you become STRONGER and BETTER, inside & out!
That led to this NEW Weight Loss Challenge Group!!! This is something totally geared towards helping you to see your program through to the very end and beyond!!
This weight loss challenge group will only have 5 members MAX.
Everyone will receive ONE ON ONE weekly coaching from me, completely FREE.
Everyone will ALL be doing the SAME WORKOUT PROGRAM.
Everyone will all START ON THE SAME DAY.
Everyone will LOG THEIR WORKOUTS and support each other in a Private FACEBOOK group I will create.
Everyone will sign up for a TEAM BEACHBODY CLUB MEMBERSHIP. (By being a CLUB member you will actually SAVE 10% on ALL of your Beachbody purchases!)
Everyone will all replace one meal a day with SHAKEOLOGY. (Yes, if you do not have Shakeology, this means you will have to not only invest in it but order it on Home Direct)
If I am going to invest my time in working with you one on one, I need to know you are willing to invest in your own weight loss and health without making excuses!
Play this video to learn how it works:
If you are ready to challenge yourself like never before and have your own weight loss success story like never before click here and you will have the opportunity to be in this exclusive group!! Space is limited so don’t delay!